With the festivities of Christmas and new year now behind us there will be many drivers entering 2019 with a cloud of uncertainty over their head as a result of being accused of drink driving. As well as a criminal record, a drink driving conviction brings with it the threat of a minimum 12 month disqualification and a fine or even the possibility of a prison sentence. In addition to that, it can result in the loss of your job, your home, your reputation and impact upon your family.
So, if you are facing a drink driving charge, whether you are guilty or not guilty, there is one thing you must do to ensure that the impact on you and your family is kept to an absolute minimum-
You need to get specialist legal advice and representation from Scotland’s award winning road traffic lawyer!
We offer a free initial consultation and are available 24/7 on 0141 465 3333
Why do you need a specialist road traffic lawyer?
- To ensure that the charge against you is competent.
- To ensure that you have been charged with the appropriate offence. E.g. drivers are often incorrectly charged with drink driving when the driver has not moved or attempted to move the vehicle.
- To properly assess your options and determine whether you should plead guilty or not guilty.
- To explain the confusing court process, guide you through it and alleviate your stress and anxiety.
- To demonstrate to the court that you are treating the allegations against you seriously.
- To fully investigate your case and prepare a robust defence to give you the best possible chance of success.
- To access and analyse the evidence produced by the Procurator Fiscal and put a strategy in place to challenge it.
- To carry out negotiations with the Procurator Fiscal and agree a plea bargain, if necessary, to achieve the best possible outcome.
- If guilty, to prepare a bespoke and comprehensive plea in mitigation to ensure that any sentence is as lenient as possible and seek to have you included in a drink driving rehabilitation programme to reduce your disqualification period.
- To provide experienced specialist representation at court to ensure the best possible outcome and prevent your lack of knowledge and experience of court proceedings from affecting the outcome of your case.
Why choose Sheridan Road Traffic Law?
- We are home to Scotland’s only award winning road traffic lawyer.
- Our road traffic lawyer’s expertise in drink driving cases is such that he has been a guest lecturer for the University of Indiana and the University of Glasgow on the Robert F. Borenstein course on drink and drug driving.
- We have extensive experience of dealing with drink driving offences and have a phenomenal success rate.
- We have the expertise to fully assess your situation, provide you with bespoke specialist advice and guide you through the court process to achieve the best possible outcome.
- We have a very good relationship with the Procurator Fiscal and the Court and have a reputation for success which all helps to achieve the best possible result.
- We have the expertise in road traffic law to analyse the case against you and identify issues which can be successfully challenged.
- We use the country’s best expert witnesses and investigate every aspect of your case in detail to prepare a robust defence.
- If guilty, we work with you to fully prepare a bespoke and comprehensive plea in mitigation to ensure any sentence is as lenient as possible and persuade the court to allow you to participate in a drink driving rehabilitation programme in order to reduce your period of disqualification.
- We spend almost every day in court and regularly deal with drink driving cases. We have the experience, expertise and the advocacy skills required to provide you with first class representation and achieve the best possible outcome.
- We offer legal aid, take on cases funded by insurers and offer a range of privately funded packages which can be paid in instalments.
- You won’t have any regrets or think to yourself “if only….” After your case is concluded.
Don’t risk your driving licence and everything that depends on it, make sure you get the specialist advice and representation you need from Sheridan Road Traffic Law!!!!!
Call 0141 465 3333 now for a free consultation